Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Weigh-in Wednesday #...well, the last 7 weeks worth…woops.

Well, when it comes to writing about my weigh-ins…I have seriously been slacking off - sorry about that.  Perhaps it’s because they have been a bit more uppy downy since my knee injury and that makes me feel a little like I’m not very versed in losing lately.  At least the uppy ones make me feel that way.  The downy ones still make me feel great.  Especially since the last 7 weigh-ins have taken me into the 50s…and I dig that era, and that weight.  47 weeks ago I told the ninja that I eventually wanted to be 150 pounds…and I certainly did not expect to get down to 154.1 pounds in 11 months.  That’s pretty wicked.  That’s 138 pounds lost according to me, and 140 pounds according to Jonathan, as a million years ago he weighed me in on a random Monday and I was up 2 pounds from my initial Weigh-in Wednesday…but he wins because 140 sounds more impressive than 138.    

Here’s what you know already:

Starting weight:  292.1
1st weigh-in:  286.8
2nd weigh-in:  280.1
3rd weigh-in:  276.4
4th weigh-in:  274.1
5th weigh-in:  270.6
6th weigh-in:  266.2
7th weigh-in:  262
8th weigh-in:  261.4
9th weigh-in:  257.7
10th weigh-in 251.4
11th weigh-in 247.3
12th weigh-in 243.6
13th weigh-in 241.7
14th weigh-in 235.4
15th weigh-in 235.4
16th weigh-in 227.7
17th weigh-in 223.5
18th weigh-in 223.5
19th weigh-in 221.6
20th weigh-in 221.6
21st weigh-in 215.6
22nd weigh-in 213.2
23rd weigh-in 207.9
24th weigh-in 206.6
25th weigh-in 200.1
26th weigh-in 199.7
27th weigh-in 197
28th weigh-in 191.3
29th weigh-in 189.9
30th weigh-in 180.7
31st weigh-in 183.4
32nd weigh-in 186.4
33rd weigh-in 186.3
34th weigh-in 174.8
35th weigh-in 174.8
36th weigh-in 170.1
37th weigh-in 169
38th weigh-in 170.2
39th weigh-in 174.7
40th weigh-in 166.4

And, here’s what’s happened on the scale in the last 7 weeks:

Oct. 30th, 2013 - 41st weigh-in 162.8
Nov. 6th, 2013 - 42nd weigh-in 159.9
Nov. 13th, 2013 - 43rd weigh-in 166
Nov. 20th, 2013 44th weigh-in 161.7
Nov. 27th, 2013 - 45th weigh-in 158.5
Dec. 4th, 2013 - 46th  weigh-in 156.5 
Dec. 11th, 2013 – 47th weigh-in 154.1

The day after WIW #41 was Hallowe’en, and I trained at the gym as a zombie…and thanks to my MAC make-up and mad make-up skills people just thought I was just a bit ill…with pink eye.  

Right before WIW #42 my bestie, Delfine, came to town.  Always so amazing to see her, and also to weigh-in in the 50s on Wednesday...even after a dinner party and drinks.  YAY! 

The Saturday before WIW #43, I was training with the ninja, testing out the knee, and then the bloody thing gave out on me again.  So, that's the reason for the 6.1lb gain anyway...fluid retention...or it could have been the fun that was had in Courtenay on Thursday and Friday. Stéphane, Delfine, and myself headed up to the Kingfisher Oceanfront Resort and Spa for a bit of R 'n' R.  Seriously great massages on the Thursday, fabulous fancy dinner, libations, snacks, and amazing conversation.  The following morning, we visited the Pacific Mist Hydropath, which was quite the experience.  8 stations, including Swiss showers, mineral massage pool, 5 different kinds of waterfall massages, a eucalyptus filled steam cave, glacial waterfall (10 seconds of freezing water - I was able to endure the entire 10...yay me!), river walk (warm and cool sides), sea mineral soak, and finally tidal baths with seaweed salt scrub.  I hardly made it to the gym after that, and when I did...my skin was so slathered in green tea moisturiser that I nearly slid off the treadmill and could hardly hold onto the dumbbells, but I did get a workout in after the hydropath and before the most relaxing pedicure in the world.  Lovely to see my Montréal bestie, sucky to gain 6.1 pounds.

WIW #44 saw me lose the weight I had gained...or at least 4.3 pounds of it.  Time to pull out the salads for lunch, soup for dinner trick again, I guess.  Gah!  How long is it going to take me to lose this weight!?  Not so stressed out though, because I had to take a couple days off after injuring my knee again.  So the next week I can add some more exercise into my week.

WIW #45 - So only 2 weeks to lose the gained weight...not too shabby.  Plus an extra 1.4 pounds on top of that...lowest I've been in about 16 years, I'd say.  I think I was about 180 when I got back from Ireland, so pre-Ireland, I would have been maybe 170 or 160 something.  Not too shabby going into the holiday season in the 150s.  Gods help me to resist the temptations that this season brings...fortunately, I always say no to sweets, but it's a lot harder to say no to another glass of prosecco with Elderflower liqueur.  Mmmmm...

WIW #46 - 4 days after Stéphane's work party...and down another 2 pounds!  That, my friends, is awesome.  A fancy affair at the Union Club is how Genivar celebrates the holidays...seafood appetiser buffet, fancy cocktails to start, gorgeous dinner buffet, wine on the table, and top it off with 83497328943789 desserts.  So, what did I eat?  Well, I filled up 1/2 my plate with spinach salad, skipped the fatty dressings and opted for a couple wedges of lemon, picked up a deviled egg, and then had a slice of roast beef with some horseradish...because even though everything looked delish, I'd rather not have party guilt the next day.  I have a nasty habit of having 1 of something and then it opens the floor gates for another 1..and 1 more after that, and if I've had a couple glasses to wine, 1 turns into 5 very easily.  Better safe than sorry, so no cocktails, no appetisers, no mashed taters or Yorkshire puddings from the buffet, no bread and butter, no Christmas puds or cookies for me.  No, and because of that I still fit into the party dress that I bought specifically for the occasion!  Don't ask me how much wine I drank...on the plus side, I got some cardio in on the dance floor.

WIW #47 - 4 days after 2nd Christmas party of the season, another weigh-in.  And this time, I was suffering from "tried a few things from the buffet" guilt.  I know it's perfectly normal for other people to pick and choose a few nibblies to enjoy while drinking eggnog and chatting to other party goers, but I can't.  I have to eat before hand so that I don't begin to covet the gorgeousness that only a chef and pastry chef can make.  Around midnight, I may have sampled a handful of things...but Jägermeister Rudolf quite possibly had something to do with it, what a bad influence.  Check out Heather's delicious treats here www.VIN COCO.com.  Needless to say, I was feeling a little "fluffy" after that evening.  And, was surprise weighed-in on the Tuesday before WIW...I don't like it when my suspicions are confirmed not only by an impartial scale, but a rather observant ninja who also noticed my fluffiness.  160 to 154.1 in 1 day?  Well, it just goes to show how weighing in at the same time each week is the way to go.  I'm sure my weight fluctuates during the week, but if I were to check the scale throughout, I would go mental (more so that usual) and probably psyche myself out.  Why would I let a scale have that sort of power over me?

Having said that, I go into WIW #48 blind as Odin's bad eye...but knowing that I have worked out like a viking all week, Valkyrie Suzie that's me.  My diet has been spot on, except for a dinner party don't on Sunday when I guesstimated how many Wisecrackers I had with an approximated amount of antipasto, and I have stepped up the exercise this week.  Finger's crossed for tomorrow this full mooned Tiw's Day!  Though, I suspect hard work and a strict diet trumps luck every time.         

No comments:

Post a Comment