Friday, January 18, 2013

Notre-Dame-de-Gras

Friteries 11561 rue Notre-Dame E, Pointe-Aux-Trembles
CONFESSION:  Until, very recently (this past Wednesday) I had been a long-time member of the congregation of Notre-Dame-de-Gras.  In fact, my devotion to Our-Lady-of-Fat went far beyond most zealots...I was practically a nun.  Sister Poutinette, that was me.  I took communion in various forms:  Black Velvets, wine, cider, ramen noodles, potato chips, KD, egg rolls, and the holiest of holies...fast food...the list was extensive.  If I had continued down my sanctimonious path, I would have been made a saint, or died a martyr.

But, this Wednesday, I was born again!  Hallelujah!  I saw the light, I saw the light, no more darkness, no more night!  Or rather, my picture was in the Times Colonist yesterday with all my Heath Challenge cronies...and the headline read:  MEET THE 2013 TC HEALTH CHALLENGE PARTICIPANTS.  Bam!  Instant accountability.  This is for real.  No more worshipping false gods.

FYI...I have 2 appointments set up for next week with my saviours, Jonathan (my trainer) and Heather (my dietitian), and I fully expect to repent for all my sins and ask for absolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment